Hello, faithful readers! Although this project looks simple, it’s not so easy! But, don’t worry. I’ll guide you through all the steps to make this great gift! It’s really made of two parts- the top and the pole. I’ll just show you how to make them individually, then how to connect them.
So, to begin…the top. You’ll need a duct tape sheet (see my tutorial), scissors, and something round to trace, like a small plate.
1. Trace the round object onto the duct tape sheet. Cut it out.
2. Next, cut a slit from the outside edge to the center, like the diagram shows. 3. Now you’ll need to take one side of the slit and push it under the other, so you get a cone shape. Tape down the sides.
You made the top!
Now, the pole. You’ll need a plastic straw, a new color of tape, and scissors.
1. If the straw has a bendy part, cut it off.
2. Wrap the straw in duct tape, but do not wrap the top and bottom of it.
3. Now, here’s the tricky part, so read carefully. Cut the straw in half at the top, so you end up with two slits directly across from each other. The slits should be about half an inch long.
4. On each half, peel the straw and tape apart and cut off the straw. You’ll have two short pieces of tape, which you should stick inside the middle of the cone to attach the two parts.
Phew! That was a lot. But your umbrella is complete! You can help your doll hold it with a rubber band or hair elastic. Adios for now!