Long time no see! Sorry it’s been awhile. I actually went on vacation, which I apologize for not mentioning in advance. I didn’t want someone to stalk me, find my address, and then rob my house or something. Anyway, this is a cute project I made for a relative’s American Girl Doll. It was very easy to create, and she loved it! I apologize for the terrible image quality, as I took these photos with my slightly old iPod.
1. Create two duct tape sheets. One should be 8 3/4 in by 3 1/2 in, and the other should be 3 1/2 in by 3 1/2 in. If you don’t know how to make a duct tape sheet, click here for a tutorial.
2. Holding the larger sheet horizontally, attach the smaller sheet at the middle of the top edge, as shown in the picture.
3. Cut two pieces of duct tape that are each 11 in long. Tear them each in half the long way, creating 4 halves. Fold each half in half, sticky side to sticky side, the “hot dog way” (in other words, lay each half horizontally, and fold it in half, top to bottom). You should now have four strings which are no longer sticky (sorry the picture only shows two.)
4. Attach one string to each of the top corners so they’re sticking straight up from the apron.
5. Attach one string to each middle corner. These are the corners at the top of what was once the largest duct tape sheet. Make sure they stick out to the side.
Put in on your doll! Felicity here is feeling very happy with her new apron, even though the picture’s a bit grainy.
Make sure to follow Duct Tape Doodles on bloglovin’!