Guess who got new washi tape! I picked up a cute flower print at Office Max and I’m definitely obsessed. It’s Scotch Expressions Washi Tape, and the pattern is called “Poppy.” You can get your own here! Anyway, with this FABULOUS new tape, I created a cute little pillow box! These boxes are absolutely great and can be filled with jewelry, wrapped candy, or any other small gift. Here’s the tutorial:
Toilet Paper Roll
White Acrylic Paint
1. Paint the toilet paper roll white. Use enough paint to cover the whole thing, but don’t use too much (so the box won’t get soggy).
2. Let the toilet paper roll sit until it is completely dry.
3. Decorate the roll with washi tape!
4. Pop the ends of the roll in to form a box shape.
That’s it! Have a fantastic week everyone :).
I’ve been spending lots of time on the internet lately, looking for ideas to customize my boring school supplies. Washi tape pencils are all over Pinterest (follow Duct Tape Doodles here), so I decided to give them a try! This craft worked REALLY well, and I’m super impressed with this method because the completed pencils can still be sharpened, although I recommend using a handheld sharpener just in case. They were super easy to make, and to be honest, once I started I couldn’t stop! Here’s how I did it:
Materials: Pencils, washi tape
1. Cut 2 pieces of washi tape to be the same length as the unsharpened part of the pencil.
2. Wrap the pencil! I recommend wrapping the pencil vertically, instead of coiling the tape around it. This uses less tape, and in my opinion looks a lot better. You will most likely need two pieces of tape to cover the entire pencil.
And that’s pretty much it! I was really enjoying washi taping, though, so I decided to make a matching pencil jar. This was inspired by LaurDIY’s Mason Jar Cup.
A jar (I used a caper jar because I liked its tall, thin shape.)
1. Wash the jar and remove the label.
2. Cut pieces of washi tape and wrap them around the jar.
3. Insert your pencils!
That’s all for now! It may be a bit until my next post, because the new school year will be very busy. See ya soon!