Wow. It has DEFINITELY been awhile. And all I can say for myself is: 1. School and sports are INSANE. 2. Happy Halloween, Thanksgiving, holidays, and New Year! If you live in New England like me, you probably got hit by a MASSIVE snow storm today, which forced activities to be cancelled, and left time to catch up on blogging! Anyway, to keep with the winter theme, I made this blue and white portable speaker, inspired by this post, which I discovered on Pinterest (make sure to follow Duct Tape Doodles)! I know this isn’t exactly high-tech, but it’s cheap, convenient, and doesn’t require electricity, so it makes a great temporary solution. The ducks agree. Here’s how I made the speakers:
Duct Tape Portable Speakers
Blue duct tape
1 Toilet paper tube
Cell phone or MP3 player
4 Matching pushpins
1. Using the pencil, trace the bottom of your device onto the toilet paper tube. If you usually use a case, leave it on for this step.
2. Use the X-acto knife to cut out the shape you just traced. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE FITS SNUGLY IN THE HOLE.
3. Cover the ENTIRE toilet paper roll in duct tape. You can tape right over the hole.
4. Cut an “X” shape across the hole with the X-acto knife. I drew in the “X” in the collage for you to see, but you can just go ahead and cut it.
5. Fold the triangles created by the “X” into the tube so they cannot be seen.
6. Decorate the speakers with the paint sharpie! You may need to use 2 coats.
7. Insert the pushpins so that the speakers can stand up. This took me a couple of tries. WARNING: THESE SPEAKERS SHOULD NOT BE USED BY SMALL CHILDREN AS THEY COULD BE INJURED BY THE PUSH PINS. ALWAYS BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THESE SPEAKERS.
8. Insert your device and play some music!
I tested these speakers and found that they actually do nicely enhance the sound. I was pleasantly surprised :). After making these speakers, try making a washi tape charger too! Thank you to everyone who stuck with me through my frustrating absence. I missed you! Hopefully I’ll be back soon. Have a great rest of the week! ❤