Hello Doodlers! I hope you’re having a great summer. I’m so happy to be back, and very excited for this post! First of all, I’ve seen cards similar to this one all over Pinterest (follow DTD here), and I’m thrilled to share by own design with you. Second, after the tutorial, I’ll accept and nominate seven of my favorite bloggers for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
Without further ado, let’s get started with the card!
4 Colors of washi tape
5″ by 7″ plain white paper
Yellow colored pencil
1. Evenly space four strips of washi tape, one of each color, on the plain paper.
2. Using the black pen and colored pencil, draw a wick and flame at the top of each strip of tape.
3. Cut a 5.5″ by 7.5″ rectangle out of the file folder (while it is folded), as the picture shows. Unfolded, the piece you just cut out should be 11″ by 7″. Make sure the area you cut out does not contain words on the inside or outside.
4. Outline the front of your card in the washi tape.
5. Using the glue stick, center the decorated white paper onto the front of the card, on top of the washi outline.
That’s all! Despite its simplicity, the card is super cute, and perfect for last minute gifts.
Now, for the award: I’d like to thank Luna from My Irrelevant Thoughts for nominating Duct Tape Doodles for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I love reading Luna’s detailed book reviews and humorous (and definitely not irrelevant) thoughts, and definitely recommend checking out her blog!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
2. Place the award logo on your blog (It’ll be in the sidebar.)
3. Answer the 7 questions.
4. Nominate 7 others.
- In one word, how would you like your readers to describe your blog?
- Which blog post on your blog is your favourite and why?
- Probably the Desk Organizer. I love that it uses recycled materials, and I’m also pretty fond of the tape pattern that I used. The organizer, though not my easiest craft, was one of the most fun to make, and is still sitting happily on my desk!
- What, or who, inspires most of your blog posts?
- What do you aspire to accomplish this year?
- This coming school year, I’d like to keep my grades up and stay in shape. It will definitely be a busy year, and I’m hoping to get enough sleep!
- What is your favorite book?
- The Land of Green Ginger by Noel Langely. The hilarious story continues the story of Aladdin, and though it’s technically a children’s book, it still always makes me laugh.
- What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
- I really, really, really don’t know. I should add “be courageous” to my goals for question 4.
- Who is your female role model?
- I can’t choose! So many women are so inspirational in so many ways 🙂
Congrats to the nominees, and again, thank you so much to Luna from My Irrelevant Thoughts!