Hey everyone! Today’s craft is a super cute washi tape garland! These garlands are highly popular on Pinterest, so I decided to try them out. The craft is simple and quick, but is a great way to decorate walls, bulletin boards, birthday cards, and so much more. Here’s my tutorial:
1. Wrap equally spaced pieces of tape around the twine.
2. Trim the tape pieces to your desired size and shape. To make sure all of my flags looked the same, I cut one piece to the correct shape, then placed it over the other flags so I could “trace” with scissors.
3. Hang your garland! I hung my garland with washi tape, but you could also use pushpins on a bulletin board.
If you haven’t done so already, follow Duct Tape Doodles on Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google Plus!
Have a great day 🙂
Happy Earth Day! Today, after much “Pinspiration,” I created my first corner bookmark! The advantage of a corner bookmark is that it does not stick out of books, making it less easily bent and torn. Creating the bookmark is simple and quick. Of course, it’s green and brown, in honor of our fantastic Earth!
6″ by 6″ piece of cardstock
1. In pencil, lightly divide the cardstock into four equal squares (I darkened the lines in the picture to make it easier to see.)
2. Divide two opposite squares diagonally, as the picture shows.
3. Cut off two outer triangles and one square. Again, use the picture for reference.
4. Fold both triangles on top of the square. Using the paintbrush, spread a thin layer of glue over only the top of the bottom triangle. Then, press the top triangle over the bottom triangle. Don’t glue the square!
5. Cover in washi tape.
That’s all! If one bookmark just isn’t enough, try making a Duct Tape Fall Bookmark or the “It’s Rough” Duct Tape Bookmark. If you prefer reading on your kindle, make sure your e-reader has a stylish case!
Also, you should definitely check out this post on Caution District for tips on making Earth a cleaner planet.
Don’t forget to follow Duct Tape Doodles on Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google Plus!
Have a great day 🙂